
genève et la lune
uploaded by intutum.
"Je viens de lire dans le /Phèdre/ de Platon quelque chose qui vous ressemble. Socrate dit (je traduis): "Je ne puis encore, selon l'expression de Delphes, me connaître moi-même; Je trouve donc ridicule, ignorant encore cela, d'examiner ce qui appartient à autrui".
Cela est proche de votre "I certainly have no idea if I will ever know who i am, much less whom another might be." "
NOTE: after a friend of mine emailed me about the excellent french above, I must add that the above was not written by me, thus I can not claim the credit for the above. The above is a citation from a private email exchange with another friend.
While I am at it, I must confess to a certain sloppiness in my citation practices within this blog, it is not that I would not know any better. It is not either that I want to in any way deceive the rare reader about my sources, rather it has something to do with this medium being to me a form of rough draft, not a final version, of what to me are rather loose and apparently unconnected babblings. I hold here absolutely no pretense of playing the role of a journalist, or even of a diarist, as such, i have an attitude rather diametrically opposed to how many bloggers view their activity. That said, let me add that the power of this medium is that you are free to declare its role and function in your life, and the reader has all the choice as to whether to engage in its reading or not.
Technorati Tags: disclaimer, private, citation